Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Should the government issue marriage licenses?

Does the government issue a license for a child to be circumcised? If they started requiring such a license, would it be appropriate? I submit it would not be. I also submit, that the government should not be in the business of issuing a marriage license.

One simple solution would be as follows:

The government issues a civil union license to any two adults who choose to enter into that union. That way, all government sanctioned unions are equal under the law. The civil unions would be dissolved under that law as well.

If a couple decides they want to be married, then they can find an organization that is acceptable to them and get married. If they want a divorce, they can discuss the issue with the organization that married them.

No comments:

Post a Comment