Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A challenge

I am often told this by Christians. "Let’s face it NO AMOUNT of ANY evidence would convince you of anything and you know it."



Nonsense. If there was a actual case a leg or an arm being regrown, I would have to rethink my position. So, lets do a test. You get all your church members and any others around the world to pray for god to regrow a limb. Get as many people praying as possible. Have the patient be documented as truly missing that limb by a nuetral third party medical team and then pray your hearts out. Film or have the third party medical team monitor the results.


It should be easy. After all, in the Bible, Jesus promises many times that he will answer our prayers. For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Ask and you will receive. What could be simpler than that?

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Since a mustard seed is a tiny inanimate object about the size of a grain of salt, it is easy to imagine that the faith of a mustard seed is fairly small. So, paraphrasing, what Jesus is saying is that if you have the tiniest bit of faith, you can move mountains.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is actually in our midst and God answers our prayers.

Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the missing limb overnight. If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once — he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, I say nothing will happen. Now, if you can do this, and the limb is actually re-grown, I will admit I am completely wrong. Now, it should not take millions of people, it should only take one person, if that person has faith as small as a mustard seed. I would assume your faith is at least that large. I am just saying, get as many people as you can to give you the best shot possible. .

Now I suspect you will say that god is not to be tested. However, that is not what Jesus said, as I have already pointed out above with the passages listed. He said ask it and I will do it. Besides, people pray to Jesus every day. Why are those prayers not a test?

No comments:

Post a Comment