Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Jacobs ladder

Genesis 28:10-17: Jacob left Beersheba and started out for Haran. He reached a certain place and stopped for the night. The sun had already set. He took one of the stones there and placed it under his head. Then he lay down to sleep. In a dream he saw a stairway standing on the earth. Its top reached to heaven. The angels of God were going up and coming down on it. The Lord stood above the stairway. He said, "I am the Lord. I am the God of your grandfather Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your children after you the land on which you are lying. They will be like the dust of the earth that can't be counted. They will spread out to the west and to the east. They will spread out to the north and to the south. All nations on earth will be blessed because of you and your children after you. I am with you. I will watch over you everywhere you go. And I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Jacob woke up from his sleep. Then he thought, "The Lord is certainly in this place. And I didn't even know it." Jacob was afraid. He said, "How holy this place is! This must be the house of God. This is the gate of heaven."

Now the interesting part of this verse is the following: "All nations on earth will be blessed because of you and your children after you". Do you as Christians believe that all nations on earth have been blessed by god? If no, why not? God clearly stated that ALL nations will be blessed.

If all nations have been blessed, it is hard to understand why we are having all the turmoil in the world. If they have been blessed but that does not prevent turmoil, just what did the blessing accomplish? If they have not been blessed, then the passage is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment